Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random Thoughts

I started reading the new book by N.T. Wright entitled Justification, one word...gripping! Which makes me a theological nerd to a)get excited about such a book when I found it in the mailbox and 2)to actually be enjoying as I read it. Wright is a world-class scholar, with the heart and pen of a pastor.

We attempted to meet up with some students at Tybee yesterday, but they were ready to leave by the time we got there, so we headed to 18th street, our favorite section of Tybee because of the tidal pools that the girls love to swim and play in. As we arrived and finally put our stuff down we heard someone call us, Hester Maginnis. Hester is married to David, my youth minister my senior year of high school, I also served as an intern under David, and Cyd and I were in seminary with him (although our time only overlapped by a year). It was great to catch up with her and see her girls (David stayed in Helena, AL to work). A rainstorm drove us off the beach, so we called Mamanon before picking up Sonic to take to her house. I don't think one part of the day worked out like I would have planned, but it was a great day nonetheless!


Last thing, do you have a favorite t-shirt? I have two that I love to wear, partly because they are so old and worn that the softness of the cotton is amazing. The first, my long sleeve Phat Head Apparel t-shirt. I had a teacher in high school create this company and make t-shirts, hats, etc. to sell to all of his students. A great fitting t-shirt, not to mention the comfort factor, even though it has holes and stains. My second favorite, even though it's one of Cyd's least favorite is my first Bob Marley t-shirt. There is a Jimmy Buffett line that says, "I'm gonna put on my Bob Marley tape and practice what I preach." I always say, "I'm gonna put on my Bob Marley t-shirt..." The front has 3 images of Bob Marley jumbled together with an image of a lion, so that they all look like one and the same. On the back is printed Bob Marley. I remember when I first got the t-shirt in high school and how much I wore it through high school and college. Now it's just one of those wear around the house t-shirts but man is it comfortable.

No comments: