Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Good Food and Good Friends

I took a break from studying, writing, and planning to eat dinner with the Foil family tonight. Kate Foil is the Student Ministry Intern at First Baptist Statesboro, and her family is from Macon. Her parents, David and Gina, were my Sunday school teachers while I was a student at Mercer University. They invited me over for dinner since I was in town tonight. It was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed some excellent food (by far the best thing I have eaten while being in Macon). It was wonderful to catch up and reconnect with David and Gina. They are two incredible people who are blessed with two amazing young ladies for daughters. It's amazing how much spending time with people can be so refreshing at times. The entire family made me feel special and at home. In many ways, it was like I was part of the family more so than a guest. I think I was blown away by David's prayer for my family and ministry more than anything else. Good food and good friends certainly are a blessing from the Lord. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the yummy apple crisp/pie dish that Mary Ann made for dessert! It was so good! Thanks for the food and the conversation guys.

No comments: