Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Lent 2021

Today is February 17, 2021. This is Ash Wednesday. A day that marks the beginning of the season of the Christian calendar as Lent. Lent has been observed by Christians of many different traditions throughout the centuries. Lent is a way of allowing the believer to spend time reflecting on the biblical idea of repentance. Repentance involves a turning from our sin and towards God. In our repentance we identify our sin and rebellion towards God through confession, in order that we might more earnestly seek Him. Lent reminds me of my humanity. It reminds me of my brokenness. Lent reminds me that I cannot live the Christian life apart from the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. As much as I think I am aware of my sinfulness before a holy God, I have only just begun to scratch the surface. Lent beckons me back to the grace of Christ Jesus offered in the cross. I invite you to join me in this journey to the cross, with the anticipation of what is beyond the cross...the resurrection. 

No comments: