Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Lent 2020

I'm sure you have seen various posts on Lent, Ash Wednesday, and Mardi Gras in your social media news feeds and timelines this week. Well, here's one more.

Several years ago when Cyd and I were in seminary at Beeson Divinity School, we wrote some devotions to use with the youth group at our church, Liberty Hill Baptist Church in Clanton, AL. When we came to Statesboro, we revised them a little bit and used them with the youth group at First Baptist Statesboro.  I decided I was going to read back through these devotions for my own journey through Lent this year. Since I was spending time with them again, I wanted to post them here to share with you. Perhaps the Lord will use these thoughts to help encourage you in your journey to the cross this year.


No comments: