Monday, June 18, 2018

VBS 2018

Last week was VBS at Friendship Baptist Church. I have experienced VBS in so many different roles and capacities but this was the first time as Pastor of the church. It was a fantastic week! VBS really is a whole church effort. It takes teachers and leaders to make it a great experience for the children. It also takes volunteers serving behind the scenes and in unassuming roles to prepare meals, clean up, take out the trash, decorate the classrooms, and the worship room. I was blown away last week as I saw the entire church being the hands and feet of Jesus to reach the Next Generation. I told our congregation yesterday that it was my favorite VBS thus far in life. I think part of my feelings stem from getting to serve this congregation as pastor. What an incredibly humbling experience in so many ways. Last week was also the six month mark of my tenure as pastor, so I'm sure part of my enthusiasm flows out of gratitude to the Lord for giving me the opportunity to do what he called me to do. I can't wait to see what's next in the life of our congregation.

No comments: