Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gone too Soon

I haven't posted much about my dad lately...partly because I have been sorting through the pieces of life after him on my own before tapping anything out on the keyboard. Strange as it seems this has been something more difficult to write about perhaps because every time I think about writing on here my thoughts turn towards him. He seemed to like reading my thoughts here on the blog. The hardest thing lately has been preaching a few weeks ago and not being able to interact with him on some level about the sermon. He always offered great advice, insight, and critiques.

I read this in a Donald Miller book this week..."If you aren't telling a good story, nobody thinks you died too soon; they just think you died."

Dad was telling a good story with his life. Not a perfect story but a story that found it's meaning in the larger story of God and His gospel!

No comments: