Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Grief

I haven't posted much on here about Dad and his passing from this life quite simply because I'm still coming to grips with the reality of his death. I have thought about blogging some different emotions and thoughts but I haven't sorted those out well enough to make sense on here. I have received several cards, phone calls, personal greetings, texts, and Facebook notifications of prayers, condolences, and encouragement.

Perhaps the one that has stuck out to me the most came from a mentor of mine. It says,
Whenever we experience the pain and sorrow and grief of loosing someone who has been with us all of our lives, it allows God to become more real, His Spirit more comforting and His presence more personal. Without feelings of emptiness there would be no space for God to fill, no tears for Him to wipe away and no reason to hope for the life that is to come.

Amen.

No comments: