Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Services

I love Christmas Eve services! I really enjoy the candlelight and communion (somber, reflective type services) but it seems to me that perhaps that first Christmas night was more like the Family Service we have at FBC Statesboro. There are children all over so it's not quiet, it's not somber, yet it holds a great measure of reflective potential if one will open his/her eyes. Don't you just know that Joseph and Mary looked at each other and at Jesus and thought what in the world do we do? How do we raise him? How do we provide for him? How are we gonna make this work? All the while, the Father was observing this and probably mumbled, "Let me worry about that." And so it is each time a baby is born or a loved one passes, at least to me...the Father is saying, "Let me worry about this, you just trust me."

2 comments:

Allison said...

you truly ministered not only to my heart but to my parents' as well with this beautiful post. Thank you.

Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

Wow... this totally got me after the weekend we've had... Whether at birth, or death, or both, just trust Him...

Thanks...

We missed being w/ everyone Christmas Day. Hopefully we can all get together soon!!