Friday, September 25, 2009

A New Look?

I really like the template that I have been using for my blog for the past two years, but I thought it might be fun to change things around a bit, mix it up, get a little funky with the design. Of course, I didn't want to do anything to different since that would be a betrayal of my evangelical background! It has been a CRAZY day around here. Cyd woke up feeling horrible (fever and all) so playing doctor and Mr. Mom today has been a challenge to say the least. The girls are always great for me, but they do miss their mama! I really hope Cyd is better tomorrow.

Last night was a great night at The Gathering! We have such an incredible group of students at FBC Statesboro! I've been listening to music and doing some reading that has challenged me (yet again) with the challenge of living an authentic faith. A faith that is full of hope and fear, certainty and doubt, peace and war, love and hate. A faith that is not content with canned answers to the deepest questions of human suffering, the despair of many cultures, and the atrocities that go on around us. In the midst of the darkness...still their is a glimmer of light desperately trying to break through. My prayer is that light shines in your darkness this week.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

nice new look. Hope Cyd is feeling better soon!