Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recent Books

I have been doing a lot of reading the last few months. I've read southern fiction, inspirational/biography, spirituality, and end times prophecy, boy that just looks funny listed in the same sentence. Tony Dungy's latest book was an enjoyable read. Someone gave me that for my birthday, so I saved it to read while on the Winter Retreat last week. Several key principles for young men and men especially about living Uncommon lives. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole was a hilarious look at one of the most notable figures of southern literature, Ignatius Reilly. An great read for the characterization of New Orleans as well as a critic on many of the excesses of our society. Every single character is flawed, many in major ways. David Jeremiah's latest book was an informative look at key world events and what they mean for Christians living in 2009. I am now engrossed in 4 books, I can't seem to read one at a time, no matter how hard I try. I hope this weekend you are able to spend a few minutes curled up with a good book.

No comments: