Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Road Music

I had forgotten how much I really enjoy certain singers and musicians, especially when traveling on the highway. Yesterday I listened to a live disc from The Indigo Girls that was enthralling. So much good stuff on there that I hadn't heard in quite a while. I think my favorite song from listening yesterday was probably there version of Bob Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue. Dylan's song is an epic poem in and of itself, but in this version the Indigo Girls take it, reshape it, and make it there own. Fantastic! The other person I really love to listen to is Waylon Jennings. Definitely a throwback to my childhood affection for the Dukes of Hazzard. He has a line in one song that says, "I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane." I love that sentiment because it really feels true in my life at different times, especially this week after turning 30, but who's counting?

2 comments:

Allison said...

30 is awesome...I love it! So liberating! Happy b/day again, Pags!

josh said...

love some willie and waylon!